Spotlight on our Rising Star of Travel PR Finalists
Author: CIM TG
Sponsored by TTG Media, the Rising Star of Travel PR award recognises a travel marketing professional who is showing great potential to go to the very top of their profession. There are three individuals shortlisted for this award this year:
Sergen is a 23 year old Junior Account Executive specialising in Travel PR at LOTUS. Born in Germany, he is also a trained firefighter and is currently studying for a BA Honours in PR at the University of Arts. Notable career achievements include:
- Facilitating a trip to Istanbul for the Made in Chelsea cast which was filmed for an on location episode that drew in over 1.5million viewers.
- Hosting a football centric press trip to Istanbul which generated a total reach of 9.9M.
- Shining a light on diversity and beauty in Istanbul by hosting the first photoshoot in Turkey for a globally recognised magazine title using street casted models.
Sergen says “I’m thrilled to have been shortlisted for my first award and to be recognised by The Travel Marketing Awards, the leading industry awards, for my work in the tourism industry that I love being part of.”
Born in New Zealand, Charlotte began her PR career after graduating from Massey University. She is now a Senior Account Executive at Rooster PR. Her career highlights include:
- Winning a new client, Orascom Hotels Management and relaunching them to the UK market.
- Launching the brand new VARU by Atmosphere Maldivian resort to the UK market.
- Independently arranging and hosting over eight successful media events for various clients in just 18 months.
- Successfully managing a major global media crisis for a long-term Rooster client.
Charlotte says “I am honoured to be recognised as a finalist in the Rising Star of the Year category at this year’s Travel Marketing Awards. It’s a great privilege to be shortlisted among a group of talented comms professionals from a variety of travel sectors, in what is the most coveted marketing and comms awards ceremony in travel and tourism. This recognition has inspired me to push boundaries even further, as I work alongside clients and colleagues to achieve great results. Thank you to my team at Rooster PR for nominating me, and for supporting and encouraging me each and every day – without my team I wouldn’t be in this position, and for them I am always grateful. I attended the Travel Marketing Awards in 2019 with my colleagues and had a fabulous time, so I am really looking forward to this year’s event. I wish all finalists the best of luck!”
Fiona is a Senior Communications Manager at Jago. She has helped the consultancy to grow its travel PR reputation, winning multiple pitches and campaign awards. Notable achievements include:
- Opened and led Jago’s first Dublin office when she was just 26 years old.
- Developed a strategy for NI and ROI markets and negotiated engagement with influential Irish comedian Neil Delamere. The campaign had a combined reach of three million and was part of a record-breaking year of 591,000 trips taken by ROI residents.
- Campaign won Gold Best Use of Influencer Relations award at the Chartered Institute of Public Relations Awards.
Fiona says “I am so thrilled to be recognised in the prestigious Travel Marketing Awards. It is really encouraging and a key milestone in my career, with the awards having a reputation for rewarding entries that focus on creativity and professionalism but also outcomes and impact for travel and tourism clients. I am really passionate about the sector and it is just fantastic to be recognised for my work and career path so far.”
The winner will be announced on 9 March at a prestigious Awards Ceremony at the London Hilton on Park Lane. Tickets can be bought here.