Who are the ‘Rising Star from an Agency’ Finalists?
Author: CIM TG
Sponsored by TTG Media, this award category recognises a budding agency professional who is showing fantastic potential to go to the very top of their career. There are three finalists shortlisted for this award:
George is a 23-year-old Senior Account Executive at Lotus who graduated from Cardiff University with a BA Honours in Spanish and Italian. He’s lived, studied and worked in Spain, Italy and Colombia. Key achievements include:
• He’s the fastest person in Lotus’ history to reach Senior Account Executive level.
• He secured and managed an ambassadorship campaign on behalf of the Guyana Tourism Authority (GTA) with musician Loyle Carner.
• His role organising Experience Latin America (Europe’s largest dedicated Latin American B2B show) involved press writing, securing sponsorship and a social media campaign. Results indicated a 96.8% increase in impressions on social media from the previous year.
● Led a campaign at RHS Hampton Court Palace Show in partnership with designer Rose McMonigall. This achieved televised coverage on the BBC and had a total reach of over 150,000,000.
George says "I am delighted to be considered for the ‘Rising Star from an Agency’ award. The Travel Marketing Awards have a reputation for being the most coveted in travel marketing so to have my work recognised among top industry professionals is a true honour.”
Jasmine is a Creative Brand Manager at mr.h. She has a BA in Digital Technology and Culture, a double-minor in Fine Arts and English, and an MSC in Marketing and Brand Management. On International Women's Day 2019, she featured in the Badass.gal exhibit at the Twitter UK HQ, with the featured strapline, 'Strategy Savvy Career Chameleon'. Career highlights include:
• Refreshed The Luxury Travel Book’s online presence and strengthened the brand’s image. Efforts led to an influx of influencers reaching out to collaborate, including fashion journalist Louise Roe.
• A collaboration with fashion and lifestyle writer Jenny Cipoletti reached over half a million people on Instagram.
• TLTB has had a 30% increase in revenue and bookings, as well as a 50% increase in the average booking value.
• The dedicated Ski Touring Norway Instagram has surpassed expectations. Using organic strategies only, the page has an average engagement rate of over 50% during peak skitouring season and 20% offpeak, compared to the travel sector average of 4.95%.
Jasmine says "Thrilled and honoured to have been recognised by #TTMA2020 — the travel awards you want to be a part of — for my work across a number of dynamic brands with mr.h. I feel very lucky to be collaborating with such unique destinations and service providers, bringing awareness to some of the most beautiful corners of the world. Being shortlisted has validated my place in the industry, thank you!"
Alex is a Digital Account Manager at Accord Marketing. He has a degree in Business Management and Digital Marketing, as well as an IDM Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing. He plans to study Behavioural Economics to further understand the effects of psychological, cognitive, emotional and social factors on the economic decisions of individuals and institutions. Career Highlights:
- Celebrity Cruises tasked Alex with being more tactical with their paid search bidding. Using an unorthodox PPC strategy of targeting lower ranking positions has improved clickthroughrate by 131%, driven a 42% conversion rate growth and minimised CPA by 17% YOY. Celebrity Cruises has experienced a 26% growth YOY bookings and calls and a 5% revenue increase.
- Using a combined PPC, SEO, Display and Email strategy for Champneys’ hotel spa Eastwell Manor, he successfully united these different channels under one cohesive set of objectives. Over the past year, this strategy has generated a 24% growth in actions, a 13% increase in conversion rate and an 84% decrease in cost of sale.
- Worked closely with specialist operator Harji’s India, successfully managing a comprehensive new website and branding process.
Alex says "I’m delighted to be shortlisted as an Agency Rising Star at this year's Travel Marketing Awards. Despite being relatively new to this sector, working in the exciting, fast-paced environment of the travel industry has been so rewarding for me. Every day, my clients provide customers with once-in-a-lifetime travel opportunities, and I love playing a part in helping more people to explore the world and other cultures."