Welcome to the International Marketing knowledge hub
On 24 December 2020, an agreement was reached between the UK and the EU setting out the UK’s future relationship with the EU. The result was the first free trade agreement the EU has ever reached based on zero tariffs and zero quotas.
Now that the transition period is over, new rules for business with Europe are here. While the UK Government develops formal trade deals with countries around the world all eyes will be on marketing to advise business where the best opportunities lie.
CIM is working with the UK Government and other leading bodies to provide marketers with the information they need to drive revenues and opportunities.
- Business owners looking to export or import from/to the EU will now require an EU EORI number or to register with the relevant Customs Authority.
- If you need to travel to Europe from 1 January 2021 you will require comprehensive travel insurance, a valid passport, and a roaming policy with your mobile phone provider.
- More information can be found in the ‘useful links and CIM partnership’ section.
From 1 January 2021 the process for importing and exporting goods will change as such you may have been asked questions such as:
- Does your organisation have a strategy to deal with international trade following Brexit?
- Do you understand the impact to your business, partnership and trade agreements?
- Which overseas markets should you be focusing on? Which are no longer attractive options?
- What are the pitfalls to avoid and trends to embrace when it comes to targeting customers overseas?
CIM's support for marketers
CIM’s Export Ready knowledge hub provides marketers with a single source for all the marketing essentials they will require to achieve long-term exporting success beyond Brexit. This includes resources to guide the creation of an effective export marketing strategy and opportunities to develop professional skills through training.
The hub features free access to: the latest advice, reports, news, feature articles, interviews, CIM research, training courses and insight from our international marketing experts.
To download our latest report, manifesto, interviews or webinars just click on the icons or content below:
Understanding how to develop and deliver digital marketing communications across a range of digital channels in different market contexts is vital when running global or international campaigns.
This highly interactive virtual course will help you implement effective digital marketing campaigns, using a wide range of digital channels from an international perspective.
Using practical tips and case studies, the course will provide you with the knowledge you need to make your activity a success in a range of markets.
Useful links and CIM partnerships
From 1 January 2021 the process for importing and exporting goods will change. To find out what you need know and do over the coming months please refer to our content and the links to government, trade bodies and the media below:
Articles and insights
Sign up and pledge support
Sign up and join marketers, MPs and business leaders who have already pledged their support to making Britain’s SMEs Export Ready. In return, the Export Ready knowledge hub will provide you with valuable resources such as content and insight from leading figures, discounts to CIM training and access to our growing SME sector group.